MONDAY will mark two long and painful years since three year old William Tyrrell vanished.
The little boy was last seen in the front yard of his grandmother’s house in Kendall.
Following his disappearance, Police formed Strike Force Rosann to investigate the disappearance of the then three year old.
The Strike Force has interviewed several 'persons of interest' in relation to the case, however no charges have been laid.
On August 11 of this year, New Zealand police confirmed they had investigated two sightings of William.
A police spokeswoman said one reported sighting was definitely not of Tyrrell, while the second, which occurred around New Year's Day 2016, could not be disproved.
Police had no other details relating to the sightings, but said all information had been handed over to Australian police.
In June of 2015, Australia's leading child protection advocate, Bravehearts Inc. joined the campaign to find missing William as the nation united to honour his fourth birthday.
Another campaign, called ‘Where’s William?’ has also organised many events, fundraisers and community walks to raise awareness about William.
Clare Collins, the director of the campaign, said that no matter how much time passes, William will never be forgotten.
“Every single heart-breaking day since William disappeared his family have had the utmost faith that NSW Police are working incredibly hard to find answers to what happened to their little boy,” she said.
“All those who love William and those behind the Where’s William? campaign will continue to live in hope that soon William will be found.”
Since launching the campaign on June 26, 2015, the public outpouring of love and support for William and his family has been overwhelming.
“People from every corner of the globe getting behind William’s family’s campaign to find their boy,” she said.
“The support from the public has been consistent, unwavering and continues to grow while we all patiently await the day news of William’s whereabouts will come.
“We know that somebody holds the key to finding William. You don’t have to reveal who you are. What we want you to do though, is reveal what you know.”
THE lead detective investigating the disappearance of William Tyrrell, Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, said a press conference will be held on Monday, September 12.
That date is significant as it marks two years since William went missing from his relatives’ home on the Mid North Coast.
William was last seen, most likely abducted in broad daylight, in his grandmother’s front yard in Kendall.
“There will be a press conference on Monday morning at 8.30am in Sydney which will be a fairly substantial conference,” Det Insp Jubelin said.
“We have deliberately not spoken to the media for 12 months and this conference will be highlighting what has taken place in that time and where we are at with the case.”
Police formed Strike Force Rosann to investigate the disappearance of the then three year old.
Anyone with information about William’s disappearance is urged to come forward via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page www.crimestoppers.com.au.