There are lots of creative and talented people living in the Camden Haven.
The Camden Haven Show Society’s needlework section steward, Elizabeth Watson, said there were some outstanding entries in the section for the recently completed show.
“We have 120 entries in the needlework section this year,” she said.
”And thank you to all our sponsors for their support for this event.”
Best in Needlework- Lorriane Gehrig
Best in Patchwork- Diane Pope
Best in Creative Stitchery- Judith Hardy
Best in Dolls and Bears- Shelley Duncum
Best in Infants and Primary Students- Jemma Bickley
Best in High School Students- Piper Seale
Best entry in Life on the Farm- The chook Shed- Maureen Fraser
1. Any Hand embroidered item- 1st Lynne Cullis, 2nd Barbara Booth
3. Cross Stitch- any item- 1st Lorraine Gehrig, 2nd Sheryl Workman, H.C. Maxene Hutchinson
4. Applique, any item 1st Elizabeth Watson, 2nd Cheryl Baird and Lorriane Wedge, H.C. Yvon Buxton and Lisa Manton
6. Cushion- 1st Lorraine Wedge, 2nd Cheryl Baird, H.C. Sheryl Workman
7. Chicken Scratch Embroidery- 1st Diann Butlin, 2nd Lorraine Wedge
8. Bag- Equal 1sts Judith Hardy, Sheryl Workman, H.C. Elizabeth Watson
9. Any other type of needlework- 1st Lorraine Wedge, 2nd Pauline Manton
10. Any 3 items of different types by an individual- 1st Helen Brown, 2nd Lorraine Wedge, H.C. Elizabeth Watson
11. Patchwork Quilt- large 1st Yvon Buxton, 2nd Jean James
12. Patchwork Quilt- small 1st Ruth Stagoll, 2nd Lorraine Wedge
13. Patchwork Quilt- quilted by a professional- 1st Ruth Stagoll, 2nd Margaret Grunsell, H.C. Lynn Cullis
14. Patchwork Quilt from a printed panel- 1st Elizabeth Watson
15. Patchwork article using recycled materials- 1st Daphne Jones
16. Christmas Patchwork item- Diann Butlin
17. Patchwork Table Runner- 1st Helen Brown, 2nd Lorraine Wedge
18. Patchwork Wall hanging- 1st Lynne Cullis, 2nd Barbara Booth
19. Patchwork any other item- 1st Helen Brown
20. Applique Quilt- Large- 1st Diane Pope, 2nd Jill Ramsay
22. Item made from Hexagons- 1st Lorraine Wedge, 2nd Lorraine Wedge
23. Long Stitch picture or cushion- 1st Sheryl Workman, 2nd Jo Bramma
24. Fibre art or creative art item- 1st Judith Hardy
25. Tapestry picture- 1st Gavin Mortimer
26. Handmade bear or soft toy-fur- 1st Shelley Duncum
27. Handmade Bear or soft toy- Fabric 1st Shelley Duncum
30. Simple Machine Made article-Infants and Primary Students- 1st Charlise Dollery
31. Hand sewn article- Infants and Primary Students- 1st Jemma Bickley
32. Machine made article-High School Students- 1st Piper Seale
Life on the Farm- In the Chook Shed
39. Stuffed rooster, hen or chicken- 1st Sheryl Workman
40. Chook Themed item- sewn- 1st Sheryl Workman, 2nd Jean James, H.C. Lorraine Wedge
41. Chook themed item- knitted -1st Lyn Allport
42. Chook themed item- crocheted 1st Margot McLennan
43. Most creative Rooster, Hen or chicken themed article- 1st Robyn Lord, 2nd Louise Hudson
Sash for best entry in Life in the Farm Section- Maureen Fraser.
Please note that the theme for 2018 Life on the Farm is “In the Stables” so we will be looking for horse items.
Under 100 speed – Allan Woolley, Wayne Donovan, Trevor Baker, Blake Howard.
Open Speed – Wayne Donovan, Allan Woolley, Jason Chisholm, Darren Howard.
100 Rip – Ken Trappel, Matt Osborne, Trevor Baker, Jason Chisholm
Open Rip – Darren Howard, Trevor Baker, Wayne Donovan, Blake Howard
090 Rip – Wayne Donovan, Matt Osborne, Darren Howard, Jason Chisholm, Brodie Howard.
Jack & Jill – Wayne & Teresa Donovan, Matt & Jodie Osborne, Ken & Bek Trappel, Allan Woolley & Jo Wilson
Ladies Speed – Teresa Donovan, Katrina Chisholm, Bek Trappel, Jodie Osborne
Novice Rip – Peter Leadham, Michael Tisdell, Dean Stackmen, Heath Porter
Teams Rip (experienced + novice) – Mark Jones & Brett Kettle, Peter Leadham & Brodie Howard, Blake Howard & Heath Porter, Jason Chisholm & Gary Neilsen
Overall Points Champion – Wayne Donovan.
Fruit and veges
Best Exhibit: John Attard for a magnificent bell-shaped gramma;
Most successful exhibitor overall: Diane Pope with 8 Firsts and 2 Seconds
Best Exhibit: Elwood Dollery with a collection of Vegies
Most Successful Exhibitor overall: Elwood Dollery with 6 Firsts