With the 2018 Anzac Day services across the Port Macquarie-Hastings local government area on Tuesday night and Wednesday, there are some changes to road conditions.
Council says the road closures are required to ensure safety of marchers and participants on the day.
Road closures and changes to traffic arrangements will impact motorists in the Port Macquarie, Wauchope, Laurieton and Kendall areas as follows:
* Horton Street, between Hayward Street and the Town Green, from 9.30am to 11:30am, with the following exceptions;
- northern section of Horton Street, which will be closed from 3:00pm Tuesday 24 April to 11:30am Wednesday 25 April
- Clarence Street from Hay Street to Short Street will be closed from 9:00pm Tuesday 24 April to 11:30am Wednesday 25 April
- The taxi zone on Horton Street will be temporarily relocated to loading zone on the southern side of Port Central, Hay Street.
* Young Street, between Cameron Street and Hastings Street; Hastings Street, between Young Street and High Street and; High Street, between Hastings Street and Range Street for the dawn service (5.00am to 6.30am).
* Young Street, between Cameron Street and Hastings Street; Cameron Street, between Young Street and High Street; and High Street, between Range Street and Cameron Street for the mid-morning service (9.45am to 12.15pm).
* Seymour Street, between McLennan Street and Bold Street; Bold Street, between Laurie Street and Kew Road and; Kew Road, between Bold Street and Castle Street.
* Closures are expected to be in place from 10.30am to 11.45am for the Anzac Day service area.
* Comboyne Street, between Orara Street and Albert Street; Albert Street, between Jackson Street and Batar Creek Road
* Closures are expected to be in place from 8.30am to 11.00am for the Anzac Day service area.