Bonny Hills Rural Fire Service (RFS) crew members have gone above and beyond and delivered two replacement televisions donated by the community to a resident.
Firefighters were called to a fire at Seafront Circuit around 1am on Thursday, July 4.
On arrival they found a unit filled with smoke from a television which had short circuited.
The unit's occupant Marie Bennett called emergency services immediately after the television began to smoke.
"I was in bed watching MasterChef on television and suddenly there was this huge loud bang, like a gunshot," said Ms Bennett.
"I thought oh my god that was loud, is that part of the program?
"I got scared. There was a light and dark smoke coming from behind the television.
"It smelt like plastic or some burning material. I started to head outside and was trying to remember what to do.
"I remembered to call triple-zero and rang. I didn't know if there could be a fire or another explosion."
Bonny Hills RFS attended the scene.
After clearing the incident, firefighters put out a call for donations to find a replacement television for Marie's bedroom and living room.
Captain Glenn Dunn said generous donations had poured in after the request.
"There has been heaps of support form the community, it's just snowballed," said Mr Dunn.
"We were just trying to get Marie comfortable again after quite a scary incident involving the television.
"In terms of home safety we encourage people not to overload power points or leave candles burning as well."
Two televisions were donated by members of the public from Lake Cathie and Port Macquarie.
"They brought one television for the bedroom and came back with another one. I had no idea that they had asked for help," said Ms Bennett.
"When he walked in with the television I was in shock, it was overwhelming.
"The generosity of the community, it was just lovely. They are just lovely, lovely people."