The 2019/2020 swimming season of the Laurieton Swimming Club has started with a bang.
All swimmers are trying their best and many have been rewarded with PB's and point score placings.
We're a family friendly club that offers fun and friendly swimming competition on a Monday night at the Laurieton War Memorial Pool.
We have a group of enthusiastic swimmers who have represented the club at various carnivals since September. S
am Hannaford, Chloe Higgins, Blake Higgins, Bailey Whitton, Claire McIntosh, Sarah McIntosh, Charlotte McIntosh, Amelia Goodridge, Arden Gloster-Horne and Koda Oxenbridge have all swum well, bringing home a lot of top three placings and plenty of PB's. Well done kids.
Each month, our point score winners are announced and awarded a certificate. Swimmers gain points for attempting each stroke and by gaining PB's.
Our October/November point score winners are:
- Freestyle - A grade Billy Stapleton, B grade Darby Moore, C grade Lily Havron, D grade Havana Moore & Sunny Stapleton and E grade Matilda Moore.
- Backstroke - A grade Claire McIntosh, Sarah McIntosh and Bailey
- Whitton, B grade Susie Bell, C grade Luca Pensini, D grade Eva Dyson and
- E grade Alani Cook.
- Butterfly - A grade Bailey Whitton, B grade Cassidy Wallace, C grade
- Anneque Moad, D grade Amaya Barker and E grade Havana Moore.
- Breaststroke - A grade Sarah McIntosh, B grade Susie Bell, C grade Bodhi
- Sawyer, D grade Arden Gloster-Horne and E grade Havana Moore
We've had an outstanding start to the season with so many of our swimmers moving up grades, particularly in free style.
Eleven swimmers have moved into A grade and are now swimming 100 metres in this stroke.
Congratulations and well done to India Cook, Ciara Everden, Chloe Gaskin-Hogan, Arden Gloster-Horne, Sam Hannaford, Blake Higgins, Anneque Moad, Koda Oxenbridge, Luca Pensini, Bodhi Sawyer and Billy Stapelton.
There may be some spirited family rivalries when Blake, Koda and Luca line up against their mums - Amanda Anderson, Cassie Oxenbridge and Cassie Pensini in this grade!
The following swimmers have moved up into B grade and are now swimming 66 metres! Well done to Tashie Barnett, Freya Briggs, Jayla Cook, Mischa Everden, Darby Moore and Maddie Strong.
Progressing from D grade (half lap) to C grade (full lap) are Grace Askew, Gabby Barnett, Eva Butler, Abby Hickey and Ashleigh Strong - awesome effort kids, congratulations!
It's not too late to join us at swimming club. If you'd like to see what it's all about, join us at 5.45pm on Monday night for a free 'come and try' night.
If you'd like any further information, please give our club President, Michelle Kirkwood, a call on 0425 226144.