The quick and efficient efforts of firefighters helped to extinguish a Lake Cathie house fire before it could cause widespread damage.
Firefighters from NSW Rural Fire Service and Fire and Rescue NSW were called to the incident at Resolution Place just before 8pm on Monday, February 24.
NSW RFS Mid Coast district officer Stuart Robb said crews from Lake Innes and Lake Cathie attended the incident.
Mr Robb said the fire started in the kitchen but firefighters contained it before it spread to other rooms.
He said it's believed a pot on the stove sparked the fire.
Residents were believed to be home at the time of the fire but were not injured by the blaze.