IAN Latham and Elaine Walker have been named the club persons of the year at the annual Wauchope-Bonny Hills Surf Life Saving Club's awards for excellence.
The annual awards recognise the commitment of members throughout the season to keep Rainbow Beach safe.
The club recognised the ongoing support of principal life saving partner, First National Real Estate North Haven.
Other awards presented on the evening were:
- Claude Cassegrain Perpetual Trophy for club's top two patrollers: Ethan Cornell and Leanne Goggin.
- Top 10 patrolling members for 2020-2021: Peter Smith, Michelle Kirkwood, Michelle Butt, Paul Hoole, Jock Garven, Pete Alchin, Cailin Sargaison, Rob Davidson, Jason Sawyer, Dolly Bligh-Jones and Eddie Thompson.
- Rex Clarke Memorial Shield for Outstanding Patrol: Saturday 1 patrol Paul Hoole, Graeme Garrett, Jason Sawyer, Dave Rogers, Eddie Thompson, Cora Puttick, Bodhi Sawyer, Cailin Sargaison, Jasper and Tayte Schultz.
- Ocean Drive Family Medical Practice - Family Patrol of the Year: The Fallon family - Pete, Kristine, Klaire, Jack and Ellie.
- Club Rookie of the Year: Nick Player
- Allan Barlin Shield for Sportsperson of the Year: Steve Monaghan.
- Masters Sports Award: Gayl Ellis.
- Club Surf Craft Competitor of the Year: Chayce Anderson.
- Club Championships Opens: Tia McGrath and Chayce Anderson.
- Club Championships Masters 30 years +: Gayl Ellis and Richard McGrath
- Grahame Buckley Memorial Surf Boat Rower of the Year: Dan Broderick and Marie-Louise O'Neill.
- Dan Roods Memorial Trophy for Boat Crew of the Year: The Kockatoos - Tyler Hyde, Jack S, Jack Jordie Gibbson and Steve Monaghan.
- The Isaacs and Cole Chartered Accountants - Simon Stennett Memorial Trophy - Young Surf Boat Rower of the Year: Tyler Hyde and Emma Higgins.
- Boat Captain's (Choice Award): Claire Kronenberg and Tom Inatey.
- Club President's (Choice) Award: Michelle Butt.
- Club Awards - Under 15 Club Persons of the Year: Bodhi Sawyer, Cailin Sargaison.
- Under 17 Club Persons of the Year: Drew Kuhnell and Ellie Fallon.
- Under 19 Club Persons of the Year: Ethan Cornell and Klaire Fallon.