NSW Minister for Local Government, Shelley Hancock has announced the local government elections scheduled to take place on September 4 will be postponed to December 4.
It's the second time the poll, which was due to be held last year, has been delayed.
Mrs Hancock said the decision had been made following extensive discussions with NSW Electoral Commission and NSW Health in relation to the COVID pandemic situation in Greater Sydney.
Mrs Hancock said the election date had been pushed back three months to December 4 for all NSW councils except the Central Council which was in the hands of an administrator.
Voters will be able to participate in the December elections in person, by post or online and pre-poll voting will begin two weeks before election day. Nominations, which had been due to open on Monday, July 26, will instead be postponed until October 25.
Who is in the running so far for Port Macquarie-Hastings?
- Group ticket: Peta Pinson, Sharon Griffiths, Danielle Maltman and Adam Roberts
- Group ticket (The Greens): Lauren Edwards, Stuart Watson, Les Mitchell and Drusi Megget
- Group ticket (Hastings First): Nik James Lipovac, Kerry Fox, Linda Lenord, Michael Clarke and Justin Hardie
- Group ticket (Fighters for our Region): Lisa Intemann, Kingsley Searle, Stewart Cooper, Narelle Milligan and Paul Bradford
- Jon Bailey, independent for Camden Haven
- John Saunders, independent for Camden Haven