A community forum in Port Macquarie has been postponed due to the COVID-19 lockdown.
The Hastings Residents Association was to stage the first of four community forums on Tuesday, August 17.
But the lockdown prevented the forum going ahead on that date.
The Port Macquarie community forum will go ahead on Tuesday, August 31 from 7pm at Port City Bowling Club, if the lockdown is over.
The second community forum is planned at Wauchope RSL Club on September 8 at 7pm with forums to follow at Lake Cathie and Laurieton.
The forums will examine community-based issues ahead of the local government election set down for December 4.
Hastings Residents Association president Greg Franks said the community forums would give the council election candidates an opportunity to hear what was on the minds of the local community and give the local community an opportunity to get to know the candidates better.
He said the community forums would also help the candidates formulate policies in the lead-up to the council election.
Who is in the running so far for the council election?
- Group ticket (Team Pinson): Peta Pinson, Sharon Griffiths, Danielle Maltman, Josh Slade and Adam Roberts
- Group ticket (The Greens): Lauren Edwards, Stuart Watson, Les Mitchell and Drusi Megget
- Group ticket (Hastings First): Nik James Lipovac, Kerry Fox, Linda Lenord, Michael Clarke and Justin Hardie
- Group ticket (Fighters for our Region): Lisa Intemann, Kingsley Searle, Stewart Cooper, Narelle Milligan and Paul Bradford
- Jon Bailey, independent for Camden Haven
- John Saunders, independent for Camden Haven
- Group ticket (Team Sheppard): Rachel Sheppard, Greg Freeman, Linda Elbourne and Ethan Francis
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Bookmark our website
Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
You can support us with a subscription
Follow us on Twitter: @portmacnews
Follow us on Instagram: @portmacnews
Follow us on Google News