No date yet for coronial inquest findings into disappearance of William Tyrrell

William Tyrrell was three when he vanished from the garden of his foster grandmother's home in Kendall, NSW.
William Tyrrell was three when he vanished from the garden of his foster grandmother's home in Kendall, NSW.

SEVEN years ago on September 12, 2014, a three-year-old William Tyrrell went missing from his foster grandmother's yard in Kendall.

The wait for the findings of a coronial inquest conducted into the disappearance of William continues, with no date confirmed to finalise the exhaustive court process. There is also no indication Strike Force police are any closer to finding the piece of evidence that proves without a doubt what happened to the child.

"The NSW Police Force remains committed to finding William Tyrrell with the Homicide Squad's Strike Force Rosann continuing to conduct investigations into the circumstances surrounding his disappearance," Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty said in a statement issued on the anniversary of William's 10th birthday on June 26.

"Detectives are reviewing all evidence obtained since William's disappearance and have recently sought the assistance of numerous experts to ensure no stone is left unturned."

A NSW Police spokesperson said the investigation is now in the command of Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw.

"Their focus continues to be finding William Tyrrell and providing answers to his families," the spokesperson said.

In March 2019, a coronial inquest commenced into William's disappearance, which remains ongoing.

With the inquest still to be finalised, Supt Doherty says the homicide squad continue to update the deputy state coroner. Regular updates are also being provided to William's loved ones.

The Strike Force continues to pursue leads and persons of interest and encourages anyone who may have information to still come forward.

The inquest, which began in March 2019, considered thousands of pieces of evidence collected by Strike Force Rosann, statements by persons of interest and recollections by family and neighbours of the morning William vanished.

Overseen by Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame, the inquest aims to determine if William's disappearance is a result of misadventure or by the hands of another person or persons.

It concluded in Lidcombe Coroner's Court in Sydney on October 8, 2020.

The coronial inquest findings were to be handed down by Deputy State Coroner Grahame in June 2021. A new date has not been determined.

Anyone with information should contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000.